Zero carb Website

Liz Ashcroft

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all. I got really excited as I found this website.

http://www.lowcarbmegastore.com/zero-carb-foods

Now I had some great advice on not really eating anything more than 10g carb per 100g. This is so hard as I am/was a carb lover.

Am I reading this right. It says 0g cab but when you go into each one and read the nutritional information it says carbs are high but sugar is 0

Can I have stuff from this site or not

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There are different types of sweetener. Some contain idigestible carbs, some sugar alcohols and some are technically not even sugars. A sweetener like Truvia is high in carbs. 100g of Truvia contains 99g of carbs but, you don't digest them so the effect is zero. Truvia contains stevia plant extract and a sugar alcohol called erythritol which is kind to the digestive system. Consequently, most people find it OK. Most other sugar alcohols give you various gastro intestinal effects and can act as a laxative. Many sweets contain these cheaper sugar alcohols and they will carry a warning not to eat too many. Other sweeteners may be bitter, others give you wind etc etc.

I will add truvia to some things but I don't eat anything that attempts to look like a boiled sweet. They invariably send one running to the lavatory.

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All those sweets on that page will have you on the loo all day due to the sweeteners in them. The only things that would be useful would be the pork scratchings and the zero noodles. Pork scratchings you can get from any supermarket and zero noodles from Amazon or H&B.

hawnet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
judgemental people, billy liars,
its the devils food, try and ween yourself away from the sweeties.