Weight Loss Motivation
Losing weight is by no means the easiest of tasks so it's important to get and keep yourself motivated. Being in the right frame of mind can be one of the most important factors in weight loss.
Keep yourself focused on reaching your target but keep your targets realistic. Putting on weight is only a disaster if it causes you to give up.
Conversely, if you have a particularly good period of weight loss, don’t put too much pressure to meet or beat the same targets over the next period.
Benefits of losing weight
Focus on how the weight loss will be beneficial to you.
- You may find visualising how you will look in smaller clothes helps.
- Focus on the health benefits. You'll have more energy and blood glucose levels will be better too.
- You’ll feel more confident and able to look forward to holidays and special occasions.
Hints to help you through the weight loss
- Keep your targets small and realistic
- Review your progress on a monthly basis rather than a weekly basis
- Get a trusted behind you to help motivate you during the harder times
- Make a conscious effort to focus on the positives
- Make a record of your progress, this might be online or you could make a photo diary
For people who find it difficult to keep to a particular diet, an alternative therapy may provide solutions to some of the underlying difficulties.