Arjun is the co-founder, CEO and Head of AI at Diabetes Digital Media (DDM), who operate Diabetes.co.uk. A self-confessed data geek, Arjun holds a first-class honours degree (MEng) in Computing and Artificial Intelligence from Imperial College, London and is a published author on the topic. His book, Machine Learning and AI for Healthcare, was published in 2019.
Arjun started Diabetes.co.uk when his grandfather was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes during his first-year of undergraduate study and his award-winning Masters research demonstrated the benefits of intelligent web-based systems in improving user experiences through collaboration, machine learning and data mining.
Benefiting from a decade of experience in big data and affecting user outcomes, Arjun leads DDM’s development of intelligent, evidence-based digital health interventions that harness the power of big data and artificial intelligence to provide precise and personalised care to patients, health agencies and governments worldwide. The approach is redefining chronic disease and wellness, with over 1.3 million members across all DDM platforms.
Arjun is regularly called upon to speak at industry seminars and conferences on digital health, AI and health ethics.
A selection of recent talks include:
- Low Carb Program for Type 2 Diabetes Remission – Low Carb for Healthcare Professionals, London, 2019
- Low Carb Program: Big-data driven AI to Scale Type 2 Diabetes Remission – AI and Big Data Expo, London, 2019
- Using AI and Machine Learning in Healthcare – Benefits, Issues and Ethics – AI for Healthcare, London, 2018
- Keynote: The Future of AI in Healthcare – AI Congress, London, 2018
- The Impact of AI in Healthcare – AI Congress, London, 2018
- Redefining Type 2 Diabetes – Internet of Things World, Santa Clara, 2018
- Big Data to Global Impact: Redefining Type 2 Diabetes – Predictive Analytics World for Healthcare, Las Vegas, 2018
- Transforming Healthcare: AI and the Future – AI Expo, London, 2018
- Redefining Chronic Illness – Royal Holloway, University of London, 2018
- Play Your Carbs Right: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes – DPC, London 2017
- Redefining chronic wellness with the Low Carb Program – Health Monitoring in Insurance, SwissRe, Zurich, 2017
- How engagement is redefining chronic health conditions – NHS Public Health and Media Day, University College London, 2017
- Big data to big impact: the Low Carb Program – Expert Forum on Diabetes, SwissRe, Zurich, 2017
- Redefining the role of the clinician, who is responsible for AI decisions? – AI & Machine Learning World, London Tech Week, 2017
- Big data to big impact: improving global health – eHealth Week, 2017
- Genomics and data: improving global patient outcomes – DPC, London 2016
- What food should a person with diabetes eat? – DPC, London 2016
- The Low Carb Program: is digital the best medicine? – EHI, London 2016
- 160,000 anecdotes: the Low Carb Program – Digital Marketing, London, 2016
- The future of evidence-based medicine – Oman Health Expo, Muscat, 2016
- The Low Carb Program – Public Health Collaboration, London, 2016
Arjun was selected as a Fellow to the NHS Innovation Accelerator this year, to scale the Low Carb Program within primary care.
Arjun has led DDM to win the inuagural Lloyds Bank National Business Award for Positive Social Impact in 2016, Diabetes Professional Care – Most Influential Technology Company of the Year 2018, UK Business Award – Innovation 2018, UK Content Awards – Best Technology Platform 2018, QiC Diabetes – Highly Commended Adult Education Programme 2018 and was named as a British disruptor alongside Chief Operations Officer Charlotte Summers in the Sunday Times Business Maserati 100 List 2017.
Arjun is also an advisor to the Information School, University of Sheffield and NHS Innovation Accelerator Programme Board, representing innovators engaging with the NHS.
In his spare time, Arjun likes to spend time with his 2 daughters.
Follow Arjun on Twitter.
Browse: Diabetes.co.uk Team
Senior Software Engineer
Head of Engineering
Head of Machine Learning
Social Media Specialist
Chief Operating Officer
Head of Performance Marketing