Arjun is the co-founder, CEO and Head of AI at Diabetes.co.uk.
A self-confessed data geek, Arjun holds a first-class honours degree (MEng) in Computing and Artificial Intelligence from Imperial College, London. His award-winning Masters research demonstrated the benefits of intelligent web-based systems in improving user experiences through collaboration, machine learning and data mining.
Benefiting from a decade of experience in big data and affecting user outcomes, Arjun leads the organisation’s development of intelligent, evidence-based digital health interventions that harness the power of big data and artificial intelligence to provide precise and personalised care to patients, health agencies and governments worldwide. The approach is redefining chronic disease and wellness, with over 250,000 people using a Diabetes.co.uk digital health intervention within the last 12 months.
Arjun is regularly called upon to speak at industry seminars and conferences on digital health, AI and health ethics.
A selection of recent and upcoming talks:
- Redefining Type 2 Diabetes – Internet of Things World, Santa Clara, 2018
- Big Data to Global Impact: Redefining Type 2 Diabetes – Predictive Analytics World for Healthcare, Las Vegas, 2018
- Transforming Healthcare: AI and the Future – AI Expo, London, 2018
- Redefining Chronic Illness – Royal Holloway, University of London, 2018
- Play Your Carbs Right: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes – DPC, London 2017
- Redefining chronic wellness with the Low Carb Program – Health Monitoring in Insurance, SwissRe, Zurich, 2017
- How engagement is redefining chronic health conditions – NHS Public Health and Media Day, University College London, 2017
- Big data to big impact: the Low Carb Program – Expert Forum on Diabetes, SwissRe, Zurich, 2017
- Redefining the role of the clinician, who is responsible for AI decisions? – AI & Machine Learning World, London Tech Week, 2017
- Big data to big impact: improving global health – eHealth Week, 2017
- Genomics and data: improving global patient outcomes – DPC, London 2016
- What food should a person with diabetes eat? – DPC, London 2016
- The Low Carb Program: is digital the best medicine? – EHI, London 2016
- 160,000 anecdotes: the Low Carb Program – Digital Marketing, London, 2016
- The future of evidence-based medicine – Oman Health Expo, Muscat, 2016
- The Low Carb Program – Public Health Collaboration, London, 2016
Winners of the Lloyds Bank National Business Award for Positive Social Impact 2016, Arjun has been named as a disruptor in the Sunday Times Business Maserati 100 List 2017.
Arjun is an advisor to the Information School, University of Sheffield.
In his spare time, Arjun likes to spend time with his 2 daughters and is currently writing a book on the topic of machine learning and AI for healthcare, scheduled for publication in 2018.
Follow Arjun on Twitter.
Browse: Diabetes.co.uk Team
Head of Engineering
Head of Performance Marketing
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Social Media Specialist
Head of Machine Learning
Chief Operating Officer
Research Project Manager