Arjun is the co-founder and CEO of Diabetes.co.uk. Arjun founded Diabetes.co.uk whilst in his first year of university in 2003, as a result of his grandfather’s quadruple heart bypass and diagnosis of type 2 diabetes. At that time, Diabetes.co.uk was the world’s first digital community for people with diabetes. Since then, Arjun has led the organisation to become the world’s largest diabetes community and provider of evidence-based digital health interventions.
A self-confessed data geek, Arjun holds a first-class honours degree (MEng) in Computing and Artificial Intelligence from Imperial College, London. His award-winning Masters research demonstrated the benefits of intelligent web-based systems in improving user experiences through collaboration, machine learning and data mining.
Benefiting from a decade of experience in big data and affecting user outcomes, Arjun now leads the organisation’s development of intelligent, evidence-based digital health interventions that harness the power of big data and machine learning to provide precise and personalised care to patients, health agencies and governments worldwide. The approach is redefining chronic disease and wellness, with over 250,000 people using a Diabetes.co.uk digital health intervention within the last 18 months.
Arjun is regularly called upon to speak at industry seminars and conferences on diabetes, AI in healthcare, digital health, health ethics, and reversing the type 2 diabetes and obesity epidemics.
Recent talks include:
- How engagement is redefining chronic health conditions – NHS Public Health and Media Day, University College London 2017
- Redefining the role of the clinician, who is responsible for AI decisions? – AI & Machine Learning World, London Tech Week 2017
- Big data to big impact: improving global health – eHealth Week 2017
- Genomics and data: improving global patient outcomes – DPC 2016
- What food should a person with diabetes eat? – DPC 2016
- The Low Carb Program: is digital the best medicine? – EHI 2016
- 160,000 anecdotes: the Low Carb Program – Digital Marketing 2016
- The future of evidence-based medicine – Oman Health Expo 2016
- The Low Carb Program – Public Health Collaboration 2016
Winners of the Lloyds Bank National Business Award for Positive Social Impact 2016, Arjun has been named as a disruptor in the Sunday Times Business Maserati 100 List 2017.
In his spare time, Arjun likes to spend time with his 2 daughters and is currently writing a book on the topic of machine learning and AI for healthcare, scheduled for publication in 2018.
Follow Arjun on Twitter.
Browse: Diabetes.co.uk Team
Head of Engineering
Research Project Manager
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Head of User Experience
Head of Machine Learning
Chief Operating Officer
Head of Performance Marketing
Social Media Specialist