1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

1.6.19...DAY ONE...

Published by Geordie lass in the blog Geordie lass's blog. Views: 203

Dear Dia-BULLY

I have decided to kick you into place and get control back from you. It's 1st June today, so a great time to get serious with you and to keep you under wraps.

I've been riding the hyper roller coaster for a while now and I know you have revelled in this...but not anymore. Dia-BULLY, you are not going to continue to control me. You make me so unwell when I eat too many carbs. You give me insulin resistance when I eat too many carbs. You increase my weight when I eat carbs. My body is exhausted with your continual high BGL's!

My FBG was 10.3 this morning...a little higher than what I was hoping for really, but I calibrated my pump and did a correction. I had coffee with 30mls single cream for breakfast, then another two during the morning. Took my DD to her golfing lesson. I took my old Westie for a sloooooowwww walk around the golf course grounds for 20mins whilst my DD was having her lesson. Then, popped into the golf shop to pay for her next block of lessons.

Back home I spent 2 hours cleaning the house, washing, tidying up/sorting out. Then by this time it was 1.30pm, so thought it was time to have a bite to eat. Had greek yoghurt (150g), then another coffee with cream mid afternoon. BGL's stable at around 8.9...been cruising around 10 for pretty much most of the day, despite my activity levels this morning.... BGL Graph... 1.6.19 small.jpg

and my TDD not looking too bad either... TDD... 1.6.19 s.jpg

I've got roast lamb in the oven cooking for dinner. Will probably eat around 6pm, 100g of roast lamb on it's own! I LOVE meat! Quite the carnivore... Roast Lamb Dinner... 1.6.19 s.jpg

Then that'll be me done for today's food. All in all, total carbs today = 11g. My macronutrients are looking good for today:

FAT = 70%/48g
CARBS = 7%/11g
PROTEIN = 23%/35g

I use an app to track my macros for my insulin dosages - Lose It. It's good for my diabetes management. Could do with upping my fat intake really. I may go back to my butter coffee at some point?? IDK?

Going to chillax this evening and watch a movie with my DD. Let's hope tomorrow is a good BGL stable day too. Just taking each day as it comes for now. Dia-BULLY you are under my boots today! :woot:

So, day 1 ends on a good note. Let's hope Day 2 is a good day. :)

GEORDIE LASS 1... DIA-BULLY 0
  • poemagraphic
  • Geordie lass
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook