1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

10.6.19... DAY TEN

Published by Geordie lass in the blog Geordie lass's blog. Views: 153

Dear Dia-BULLY,

Happy Monday!! We have survived 10 days being civil to one another…that is such an achievement! Long may this relationship continue, eh? What a beautiful, sunny Monday. Again, I’ve been very active today and have kept you guessing with what to do with my BGL’s! Oh well, can’t let you get too comfortable, can I?

Went to bed last night with a BGL of 9.9mmol/L, a little higher than what I wanted, but I gave a small correction and went to bed. Blood ketones were awesome…4.4mmol/L. THAT’S JUST AWESOME! :singing:
Blood Ketones...9.6.19.jpg
I now know why they were down the day before…due to eating too much protein. Note to self…only eat 1 protein at each meal and not more than 55g!

My FBGL’s on waking were 6.5mmol/L. I checked my BGL’s with meter, calibrated pump and bolused. I had my usual morning coffees (x3), then had to pop out mid-morning (after 2nd coffee) to run a few errands. Got home and had my 3rd morning coffee, then made some more cheesecake topping (my DD loves it and ate most of what I made the other day!), then I did 2 hours of gardening. Totally exhausted now, but burned loads of calories in the process. :dead:

I broke my fast at 1.15pm (18 hours) with 125g Alpro Plain Unsweetened yoghurt with 10g each of pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and macadamia nuts. Lovely! My stomach is totally full now.
Lunch... 10.6.19.jpg

My afternoon was spent doing some more sorting around the house (de-cluttering, if you like). I’m hoping to move sometime this year (downsizing), so I need to de-clutter really badly. I also took my dog for a short walk in the lovely sunshine. I did a finger prick at 2.30pm to calibrate my pump. No correction needed as BGL’s steady at 4.9mmol/L. :joyful:

My dinner this evening…Salmon fillet (95g). Pan-fried in butter and coconut oil…delish!! I ate at 6.30pm. That’s it until tomorrow lunch now.
Dinner... 10.6.19.jpg

My BGL’s have been very stable again all day. Dia-BULLY, I’ve done so much activity today that I kept you guessing. I love that! I must remember that being active daily keeps you, Dia-BULLY at bay! 100% within range again! Happy! :D
BGL Graph...10.6.19.jpg SG Review...10.6.19.jpg

BGL’s currently at 4.8mmol/L (8.30pm). Infusion set changed tonight!

My macronutrients have been spot on again. I’m comfortable with how my eating plan is going now. I just need to keep this LCHF regime going as part of my daily living, as I know it works for my diabetes management and makes me feel healthy and full of energy. Who needs carbs? Not me, that’s for sure. Dia-BULLY, I know sometimes you try and get me to eat carbs to entertain you, but no more. I’m on a roll now. I just need to keep this going for my health! :rolleyes:
Macronutrients...10.6.19.jpg

So, another whole point to Geordie Lass…

GEORDIE LASS…9.5/Dia-BULLY…0.5 COME ON!!!! :angelic:

Attached Files:

You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook