1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

11.6.19...DAY ELEVEN

Published by Geordie lass in the blog Geordie lass's blog. Views: 24

Dear Dia-BULLY,

You have been kind to me today, thank you. You have kept my BGL’s steady again and within normal range, which I love to see. I’m enjoying my LCHF lifestyle. I seem to have a renewed passion for this way of eating, after months of not caring about what I eat or my diabetes management. You have given me back control of you, Dia-BULLY. I hope this can be so, and not allow you to beat me up again!?!

Went to bed last night with a BGL of 5.3mmol/L. Did my usual night-time finger prick and calibrated my pump. My blood ketones were 3.7mmol/L, which I am pleased about. A great end to another successful diabetes management day!
Blood Ketones...10.6.19.jpg

My FBGL’s on waking were 5.2mmol/L, so a pretty flat line all night. Did my morning finger prick and calibrated my pump. Then, I bolused for my 3 x morning coffees using dual wave over an hour. Sorted!

I skipped lunch today as I didn’t feel hungry at all. I’m tuning into my body more since being back on my LCHF lifestyle. So, no hunger = no eating!! I spent a couple of hours doing some more de-cluttering. Believe me, I have a LOT to do, as I am downsizing from a 4-bed detached house to a 2-bed bungalow. So, I need to be RUTHLESS!! 3pm arrived and I decided I needed a break from sorting, so went downstairs and made myself my afternoon coffee with cream and I had 2 squares of Lindt 90% dark chocolate with that (breaking fast after 20.5hours). Did a finger prick and calibrated my pump. BGL’s 5.2mmol/L. I’m happy with that. Then, put dinner in oven and went back to sorting! Urgh!
Lindt 90% Dark Chocolate...11.6.19.jpg

Dinner tonight was roast lamb, which was cooking whilst I was de-cluttering, followed by homemade cheesecake topping!! Yum! Yum! I finished eating at 6.30pm. That’s eating done for another day…none more now until after 1pm tomorrow.
Dinner... 11.6.19.jpg

So Dia-BULLY, another good diabetes day for us. We really are getting to be a good team, aren’t we? I like it, a lot! I feel so well when my BGL’s are normal and stable. I feel full of energy when I don’t eat carbs, and when I’m fuelled by fat! What an awesome time we are having together. Anyway, steady BGL’s all day today.
BGL Graph...11.6.19.jpg SG Review...11.6.19.jpg
The 9% hypo's happened around midnight, which I was totally unaware of, until I had a look at my graph!

BGL’s currently 6.4mmol/L (8.30pm)

My TDD has been awesome too. I love not having too much insulin on board!
TDD... 11.6.19.jpg

Another day of spot on macronutrients: Macronutrients...11.6.19.jpg
Net carbs at 9g today…WOOHOO!

So, tomorrow is CGM sensor change day, which I will do first thing in the morning. That means there will be a couple of hours of no BGL readings, whilst my sensor “warms up”! Then, I can calibrate my pump and we’ll be rocking again. Yay!

I think, Dia-BULLY, that we are working so well together that we both deserve a gold star.⭐ Let’s forget about the points and just concentrate on being kind to one another…we’ll take each day as it comes. Sounds good, huh??

Dia-BULLY, tomorrow is a brand new day…let’s continue to work together, keeping one another happy.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook