1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

15.6.19... DAY FIFTEEN

Published by Geordie lass in the blog Geordie lass's blog. Views: 145

Dear Dia-BULLY,

What happened overnight? You were messing with my insulin pump! But, my pump is too clever for you, suspending my insulin before you allowed me to go hypo! 2 suspends @ 10.30pm for 30 minutes & again just after midnight for just under 2 hours!
Insulin pump suspended 15.6.19.jpg

C’mon Dia-BULLY, I thought you were going to be kind to me and keep my BGL’s within range. Oh well, my pump saved the day. Nice one!

My bedtime BGL’s were 5.0mmol/L, I suppose a little lower than what I should have left it at. Blood ketones were sitting at 2.8mmol/L. Not superior enough for a photo image! Sleep was disturbed due to insulin suspension alarms, but apart from that an ok night. My FBG this morning was good at 5.9mmol/L, did my morning finger prick, calibrated my pump and bolused for my morning coffees…the usual morning routine.

Ah, except today is weigh-in day…I’ve lost 2lbs since last Saturday (that’s 6lbs since 1st June)!! The best part is though…my body fat % has decreased by 2% in just 1 week! I’m absolutely bowled over by that. It just goes to show that eating LCHF, without counting calories, works, at least for me anyway! Fat burning machine!! :D

I’ve had a really busy day today. DD had her golfing lesson this morning, followed by another viewing on my property. Had the laundry to do and also did a trip to IKEA to look at bedroom furniture and other stuff. All that activity and my BGL’s were running a little low. Finger prick done at 3pm, sitting at 4.3mmol/L. Alarm went to tell me I’m going low. Calibrated my pump and gave insulin for my lunch.

I didn’t get my lunch until 3.45pm 20.75 hour fast), due to being so busy. I had yellow split pea and broccoli soup (homemade), with 10g Kerrygold butter & 10mls single cream. It was ok, but not overly hungry for it. I must remember…if I’m not hungry, then DON'T eat! :confused:
Lunch... 15.6.19.jpg

My BGL’s have been normal all day. They are currently 6.8mmol/L (8.30pm).
BGL Graph...15.6.19.jpg SG Review...15.6.19.jpg

My dinner was a Chicken Fajita stir fry, which I finally ate at 8pm. Not my usual carnivore dinner, but I had to use it up from the freezer. It was ok, but I wasn’t excited to eat it! Probably due to still being full from my late lunch! Oh dear, I’m not having a good food day today. :oops:
Dinner... 15.6.19.jpg

My TDD has been ok today. I just love having as little insulin as possible floating around my system!!
TDD...15.6.19.jpg

My macronutrients have been a little out due to change in food items eaten. I’ve had 17g net carbs, which is a little more than I really like to have, but I’m not freaking out over it. But, at least they are healthy carbs.
Macronutrients...15.6.19.jpg

So Dia-BULLY, it’s been another good day for us. I think despite the overnight issues, we both deserve yet another gold star to acknowledge our continuous team working.⭐⭐ Let’s keep on repeating our efforts to be kind to one another.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook