1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

17.6.19... DAY SEVENTEEN

Published by Geordie lass in the blog Geordie lass's blog. Views: 146

Dear Dia-BULLY,

What a rough night you gave me last night. You sent my pump into alarm mode and woke me up! I checked my BGL’s to discover I was sitting at 2.5mmol/L. Thank goodness for alarms as I didn’t realise I was going so low! Pump suspended at 00.37hrs, checked BGL’s with finger prick and treated hypo with 2 x glucotabs! Job done and BGL’s slowly rose to a respectable 4.3mmol/ @ 02:07hrs.

My bedtime BGL’s were 6.9mmol/L. Blood ketones were sitting at 4.8mmol/L. :happy:
Blood Ketones...16.6.19.jpg
Also did an infusion set change. I feel really groggy this morning after my rough night. Thanks Dia-BULLY! My FBG this morning was good at 7.3mmol/L, did my morning finger prick, calibrated my pump and bolused for my morning coffees…the usual morning routine.

Another declutter day today (despite feeling rough), but this time I’ve been in the garage sorting through everything! I had chicken drumsticks for lunch at 1.30pm (19 hour fast), then I had my usual 2 coffees with cream this afternoon.
Lunch... 17.6.19.jpg
Finger prick done at 4pm, sitting at 9.0mmol/L. I did a small correction of 0.250u, then, calibrated my pump. I had 7 bags filled for charity and a car load of rubbish for the tip! What a busy afternoon. Still, at least I feel better after last night’s mishap.

My BGL’s have been a little erratic today…some lows/some highs, but overall, pretty much steady. They are currently 7.6mmol/L (8.15pm).
BGL Graph...17.6.19.jpg SG Review...17.6.19.jpg

My dinner was a 94g pan-fried Salmon fillet (without skin), which I ate at 7pm.
Dinner... 17.6.19.jpg
I think I enjoy OMAD more these days, as I didn’t feel so hungry for my dinner this evening, and it gives my stomach and digestive system a good rest. Must remember to skip lunch and just stick with my dinner in the evening – OMAD, definitely the way to go. Keeps my BGL’s steady too…no spikes!! :D

My TDD has been good today: TDD... 17.6.19.jpg

My macronutrients have been awesome too. I’ve had 8g net carbs, which is so much better than yesterday. Probably had a little too much protein today, so that may affect my blood ketones tonight...Mmm, let's see!:rolleyes:
Macronutrients...17.6.19.jpg
So Dia-BULLY, it’s been another tremendous day for us. I’m not sure you deserve a gold start after my rough night though. But, I’ll take one for my good efforts keeping you under my thumb.⭐ Let’s not be mean by making me go hypo. I may have to reduce my basal temporarily?? I’ll see how tonight goes.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook