1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

18.6.19... DAY EIGHTEEN

Published by Geordie lass in the blog Geordie lass's blog. Views: 64

Dear Dia-BULLY,

It was a good night. No hypo’s, no alarms, no waking up! Awesome. Thanks Dia-BULLY for working with me and keeping my BGL’s happy, although they steadily did rise between 1am and 4am (from 5.0 to 9.0), then they steadily came down.

My bedtime BGL’s were 6.1mmol/L. Blood ketones were sitting at 3.4mmol/L.
Blood Ketones...17.6.19.jpg
I’m happy with these. I knew my blood ketones would be lower last night due to having a little bit more protein yesterday than what I would have usually had. But, I’m ok with that. My FBG this morning was a little higher at 8.0mmol/L, did my morning finger prick, changed my Enlite CGM sensor, then waited over an hour before I could calibrate my pump. In the meantime, I bolused for my morning coffees…the usual morning routine. Only a small correction of 0.55u needed this morning on top of my usual morning bolus of 0.4u, for my coffee with cream. ;)

No time for lunch today which is good as I’m trying to stick with OMAD. I’ve had a couple of appointments this afternoon in town, so been quite busy all afternoon with those. I did a finger prick and calibrated my pump at 12.30pm, just before my first appointment. All good at 8.4mmol/L. No correction needed.

I had my usual 2 x coffees with cream this afternoon, around my appointments. I also had 2 squares of Lindt 90% Dark Chocolate (mmm, love it!) at 2.30pm...making my fasting time 20 hours. :D

My BGL’s have been great today (100% so far!)…pretty much steady all day. They are currently 8.8mmol/L (8.30pm).
BGL Graph... 18.6.19.jpg SG Review...18.6.19.jpg

My dinner was a 94g pan-fried Salmon fillet (without skin), which I ate at 7pm. OMAD is definitely good for my stomach and digestion, as I was ready for my dinner this evening, and I seemed to enjoy it more with not eating any lunch. Must remember to continue to skip lunch and just stick with my dinner in the evening – OMAD, absolutely the way to go!
Dinner... 18.6.19.jpg

My TDD has been good today.
TDD... 18.6.19.jpg

My macronutrients have been awesome too. I’ve had 9g net carbs, which is just how I like it…less carbs = less insulin!
Macronutrients...18.6.19.jpg

So Dia-BULLY, it’s been another excellent day for us. Gold stars all round! Yay! ⭐⭐I just hope I’ve got you under control now and that I can keep going with my LCHF lifestyle, ditching the carbs and continuing with my carnivore OMAD! My stomach has never felt so good!
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook