1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

2.6.19.... DAY TWO

Published by Geordie lass in the blog Geordie lass's blog. Views: 61

Dear Dia-BULLY,

I've had another good day today, beating you down to the ground. You were kind to me last night. My bedtime BGL (11pm) was 5.6, so very happy with that. Checked my blood ketones too at bedtime and they were sitting at 0.2, hoping they will rise over 2.0 within a couple of days?! Fat burning machine, here I come!!!

Not sure what happened overnight but my fasting BGL this morning rose to 8.2. So, corrected and calibrated my pump.

Here's my overnight BGL graph: 24hr BGL Graph... 2.6.19 S.jpg

So, I had my breakfast at 9am. I had my usual coffee with 30mls single cream. Then I went food shopping this morning as well as having another 2 x coffees with cream....YUMMY!!!

Had my lunch at 2pm today as I didn't feel hungry at all. I did have 30g of walnuts at 1pm, so that was probably what filled me up (IF...18:6). Lunch consisted of 100g of roast lamb that was left over from last night's dinner. Not many carbs there...don't want you getting the better of me Dia-BULLY!

Lunch... 2.6.19 S.jpg

Had another couple of coffees with cream this afternoon (with 2 squares of 90% Lindt Dark Chocolate) in between doing odd jobs around the house, including a pile of ironing which needed doing! Urgh, still didn't get my BGL's down to a respectable level. Dia-BULLY, what are you doing to my body today?? Oh well, my BGL's have been steady at around 9.0 today, so cannot complain. :D

Here's my BGL graph for today: 12hr BGL Graph... 2.6.19 S.jpg

Had my dinner at 6.30pm, but wasn't particularly hungry, so I just had 150g Greek yoghurt. So, that's my food done for another day. Not many carbs today.

Dinner... 2.6.19 S.jpg

Here's my TDD summary, showing my carb intake and insulin load for today: TDD... 2.6.19 S.jpg

Macronutrients from LoseIt! app:
FAT = 76%/99.6g
CARBS = 6%/16.8g (must've slightly underestimated today) :banghead:
PROTEIN = 18%/53.8g ( I always calculate 60% insulin:carb ratio for my protein)

I'm happy with that today...another point to me....
Geordie Lass 2... Dia-BULLY 0 :joyful:
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook