1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

20.6.19... DAY TWENTY

Published by Geordie lass in the blog Geordie lass's blog. Views: 210

Dear Dia-BULLY,

I’ve not had such a good day today. :dead: Not your fault at all. I’ve just been stressed due to circumstances that have occurred today! I guess that’s why my BGL’s have been running higher than I like to see them running at. But, I applaud you for not making them spike too high due to my stress. :confused:

My bedtime BGL’s last night were quite high at 13.0mmol/L. Had to do a correction …2.125u, Woah! Blood ketones were sitting at 4.1mmol/L, again, slightly up from previous evening.
Blood Ketones...19.6.19.jpg
I’m ok with that. I did an infusion set change too at bedtime. My FBG this morning came down to a respectable 6.7mmol/L, did my morning finger prick, calibrated my pump, no correction needed. I bolused for my morning coffees…the usual morning routine… 0.4u.

Skipped lunch again today…just not feeling hungry! I did a finger prick and calibrated my pump at 1.40pm...up to 9.7mmol/L. Did a correction of 1.35u and bolused for my 2x afternoon coffees and 2 squares of Lindt 90% Dark Chocolate…0.725u. I ate my chocolate at 2.30pm (so, that’s a FAT FAST of 20.5 hours). Then, I cut my front and back lawns, which took just over an hour.

My BGL’s have been raised all day today…despite doing some gardening. o_O They are currently …8.2mmol/L (6.30pm).
BGL Graph...20.6.19.jpg SG Review...20.6.19.jpg
They’ve been sitting steady at around 11.0mmol/L for much of the afternoon. I put in a temporary basal at 2pm for 4 hours at 125%, so hopefully, that will help sort out the above normal BGL’s. I just hope I’m not coming down with something too!? :wideyed:

My dinner was Roast Lamb, which I ate at 5pm. A little earlier than I would normally eat, but doing OMAD is making me physically hungry by 5ish! I suppose that’s a good thing really??!!
Dinner... 20.6.19.jpg

My TDD has been a little higher due to corrections needed for higher BGL’s.
TDD... 20.6.19.jpg

My macronutrients have been spot on. I’ve had 8g net carbs again.
Macronutrients...20.6.19.jpg

So Dia-BULLY, I realise the circumstances of my day have not been your fault and I’m glad we have worked together to try and correct my BGL’s. Thankfully, you’ve not let my BGL’s go above 11.4mmol/L today. So, thank you for that. I just hope that tomorrow will be a more successful diabetes day and that I don’t get too stressed again!! No gold stars today, but we get a pat on the back for a good joint effort! ;)
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook