1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

21.6.19... DAY TWENTY-ONE

Published by Geordie lass in the blog Geordie lass's blog. Views: 143

Dear Dia-BULLY,

What a day today has turned out to be! :bigtears: Talk about being stressed to the hilt!!! More so than yesterday. No wonder you had my BGL’s running at the high end of normal, Dia-BULLY! Anyway, unexpected emergency this morning, which lasted all day! :doctor:

My bedtime BGL’s last night were sitting at 8.7mmol/L. Did a small correction …0.06u, Sadly, blood ketones were sitting at 0.9mmol/L. :banghead: I really have no idea why so, because I’ve done nothing different than any other day! C’est La Vie!. My FBG this morning was a shocking 9.0mmol/L, even after that correction! Ugh! Dumb Dia-BULLY! I did my morning finger prick, calibrated my pump, 1.1u correction needed. I bolused for my morning coffees…the usual morning routine… 0.4u. That’s where my day changed! :stop: Phone call received at 9.30am from my mum saying she was feeling very unwell, so took her to A & E (advised by 111 as GP not very proactive in seeing mum!). So, missed my 2 x morning coffees, but my BGL’s remained steady at high normal levels (8’s). :wtf:

No lunch again today (due to being too busy in A & E). Finally got my mum home at 2.30pm, everything ok, thank goodness! Got back home by 3pm and I did a finger prick and calibrated my pump...7.2mmol/L. Did a correction of 0.1u and bolused for my 2x afternoon coffees and 2 squares of Lindt 90% Dark Chocolate. I ate my chocolate at 3.30pm (so, that’s a FAT FAST of 22.5 hours). I was pretty hungry by this time!

My BGL’s have been high normal all day today…probably due to the emergency stress. They are currently …10.5mmol/L (7.45pm). I feel another correction coming soon. :wideyed:
BGL Graph... 21.6.19.jpg SG Review...21.6.19.jpg

My dinner was 94g pan fried salmon fillet, which I ate at 6pm. Followed by a cream cheese mousse! So full now! No more food until after 1pm tomorrow.
Dinner... 21.6.19.jpg

My TDD has been ok, I guess.
TDD... 21.6.19.jpg

My macronutrients have been ok as well. I’ve had 6g net carbs again. The difference between pump (10g) and macros would be the bolused morning coffees, which I never actually drank! Oops.
Macronutrients...21.6.19.jpg

Tomorrow (Saturday) is weigh-in day. Let's hope I've lost a lb or 2??!! Up to last Saturday (2 weeks back on LCHF) I had lost 6lbs. Hopefully, I can say tomorrow that I would've reached the 7lb mark!?

So Dia-BULLY, again, I understand the events of today have not been your fault and I’m glad we have worked together to try and keep my BGL’s within normal range. Thankfully, you’ve not let my BGL’s go above 10mmol/L today, well until now that is! :eek: So, thank you for that. I just hope that tomorrow there will be no dramas and that my BGL’s will be more respectable!! No gold stars again today, but we get another pat on the back for a good joint effort! :happy:
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook