1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

22.6.19... DAY TWENTY-TWO

Published by Geordie lass in the blog Geordie lass's blog. Views: 408

Dear Dia-BULLY,

So, today has been quite an uneventful day, thank you Dia-BULLY. But, my BGL’s have been high all day. Higher than where I would like them to be. What gives Dia-BULLY??:banghead::banghead:

My bedtime BGL’s last night were sitting at 11.8mmol/L. Did a correction of 1.7u as well as set up a temp basal for 6 hours of 125%, blood ketones were sitting at 4.5mmol/L.
Blood Ketones...21.6.19.jpg
My FBG this morning was a shocking 10.2mmol/L, even after that correction and temp basal increase! Ugh! :wtf:C’mon Dia-BULLY, what you doin’ to me?! I thought we had some kind of understanding!? I did my morning finger prick, calibrated my pump, 1.775u correction needed. I bolused for my morning coffees…the usual morning routine… 0.4u. :rolleyes:

Today was weigh-in day too. I lost another 1.5lbs this week. That’s 7.5lbs in the last 3 weeks. Woohoo! :D I’m more than happy with that. Hopefully, I’ll keep the LCHF up and my weight and BGL’s down!! I did my household chores this morning, had someone viewing my property and took my DD to her golfing lesson. Quite a busy morning, but still my BGL’s remain constantly high! Ugh!

No lunch again today (not hungry). I did a finger prick @ 1.15pm and calibrated my pump...9.0mmol/L. Did another correction of 1u and bolused for my 2x afternoon coffees and 2 squares of Lindt 90% Dark Chocolate. I ate my chocolate at 4.30pm (so, that’s a FAT FAST of 22.5 hours again). Loving this IF!

My BGL’s have been high all day today…Meh! Just don’t understand what is going on. They are currently …10.2mmol/L (8.45pm). I feel another correction coming soon.
BGL Graph... 22.6.19.jpg SG Review...22.6.19.jpg

My dinner was 100g roasted chicken drumsticks, which I ate at 6.45pm. Followed by a cream cheese mousse! Excessively full now! No more food until after 1pm tomorrow.
Dinner... 22.6.19.jpg

My macronutrients have been good today. I’ve had 8g net carbs again.

So Dia-BULLY, I’m at a loss as to why you are causing my BGL’s to stay in the high range. Tomorrow has got to be a better day??!! :bigtears:

I think Dia-BULLY that we have a better understanding of one another. We both know how we can be with one another and I know that we can continue out diabetes journey amicably together. I won't be journalling our progress after today, but let's continue our journey together...being kind to each other and supporting one another...:) ;)
  • copilost
  • Geordie lass
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook