1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

24th February - Valentine's Weekend delayed / rugby Saturday

Published by snogoose in the blog snogoose's blog. Views: 809

Well, now, I have been checking my blood sugar one hour before and two hours after meals and have been cutting back on the carbs, and my blood sugar level is reducing, still getting a rise in temperature when I wake up, and think that too it is improving. Also including more fat, less carbs in my diet too!

Hubby arrived home from Ghana on Friday morning, he works abroad. So he will be home for 1 week, and then on to Myanmar next Sunday. Hence our celebrating Valentine's and the Wales England Rugby match together this weekend. We headed into town to do some shopping and have lunch! We had poached eggs spinach, on a small brioche bun c with a covering of Hollandaise Sauce before going on to visiting our daughter.

We then joined our friends at our local to watch the Rugby, England verses Wales. Wales won the Rugby and we celebrated by having haggis in tempura batter, - lightly covered, due to our local being aware of my diabetes. With a side salad of leaves and light dressing of olive oil and malt vinegar.

On our return home for a bowl home made soup followed by yoghurt and a handful of homemade granola, made up of oats, nuts with a dessert spoonful of fruit compote over the top.

This morning, I got up and had breakfast - scrambled eggs (2) with smoked salmon. I have not yet made up my mind about lunch - possibly some corn/ rice/quinoa spaghettini in a cheese sauce. - We have guests coming for lunch and they both have a gluten issue. - served as a side dish to chicken.

Later on, after a walk we shall settle down and watch a movie. No snacks /chocolate other than popcorn and pork scratchings, both home made.
Scrummy!!
  • Mokkijo
  • Blip22
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook