1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

4.6.19...DAY FOUR

Published by Geordie lass in the blog Geordie lass's blog. Views: 35

Dear Dia-BULLY,

We are appearing to be kind to one another this week since I've gone back on my strict LCHF lifestyle? I hope this continues. We both know that you will never leave me and that I can never forget about you either. We are kind of "one together"….a bit like a married couple really!!! Let’s commit to one another. I promise to look after you if you promise to be kind to me? Deal? Good.

Now that’s out of the way, today has been another good diabetes management day. I’ve had another busy day too, which has kept my BGL’s steady.
BGL Review...4.6.19.jpg

Last night I went to bed with a BGL of 7.5mmol/L. I’m happy with that. My blood ketones at bedtime were 0.8 again…same as the evening before. Hopefully, this will rise over the next few days as my body gets used to burning fat.

My FBGL this morning was sitting at 4.4mmol/L. Extremely happy!! I calibrated my pump and bolused for my breakfast coffee with cream as well as my morning 2xcoffees with cream (dual wave over 1hr).

This morning I did some gardening for 1.5hours, burning lots of calories and getting my garden looking neat. I had to go food shopping too, so after my gardening I had my morning coffee and then went shopping, burning more calories. I got some Ox tails from the Meat counter @ Tesco’s. They look scrumptious. Going to cook them tomorrow in the slow cooker and have them for dinner tomorrow evening. Can’t wait! :)

By the time I got home it was 1.45pm, wasn’t feeling particularly hungry, but I had 95g chicken thighs just after 2pm (breaking my fast after 19.5hours). That really filled me up!
Lunch... 4.6.19.jpg

3pm, I had my afternoon coffee with 2 squares of Lindt 90% Dark Chocolate. I didn’t bolus for this carb content as my BGL’s were running at 3.7mmol/L. Calibrated my pump, then, I did a little bit of ironing that I needed to get done – more calorie burn!! I had another coffee with cream once I had finished the ironing; cooked my DD’s dinner when she came in from school at 4.30pm. I have roast beef cooking in the oven, which will be ready at 6pm. Smells scrumptious! My DD is vegetarian, so out meals are always separate. She’s always starving when she comes in from school, so it’s easier to have her dinner ready for her then…it stops the snacking!

Dog fed and he’s now happier for having a full tummy. He had lamb’s liver. He loves that. Anyway, I finally had my dinner of 95g Roast Beef at 6.45pm as I just wasn’t feeling hungry for it before this time.
Dinner... 4.6.19.jpg

Today has been another brilliant LCHF day. I love this way of eating and my diabetes behaves itself too.

Here’s my macronutrients: Macronutrients...4.6.19.jpg

TDD for today: TDD...4.6.19.jpg

Again, I didn’t bolus for my carbs in my 2 x afternoon coffees with cream as well as my 2 squares of Lindt 90% dark chocolate…that amounts to 5g net carbs. I think because I was running low after my activity from this morning I decided not to bolus for the extra few carbs, but my BGL’s spiked slightly mid-afternoon, so corrected at my dinnertime bolus. Currently (9pm) sitting with a BGL of 5.6mmol/L. Nice! :smug:

So, that’s it for another day. Let’s hope that Geordie Lass and Dia-BULLY can become best friends as the days, weeks and months go on??? IDK….let’s take each day as it comes.

GEORDIE LASS…4/ Dia-BULLY…0 :D
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook