1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

5.6.19...DAY FIVE

Published by Geordie lass in the blog Geordie lass's blog. Views: 55

Dear Dia-BULLY,

Why oh why did you let my body hypo overnight??!! :mad: I was so exhausted this morning with not sleeping due to that hypo, then, I slept in and was late getting my DD off to school. Not a great start to the day! :wacky:

Went to bed last night at 10.30pm with a BGL of 5.0mmol/L, blood ketones were sitting at 0.6 too. Not as good as what I would like, given that I’ve been LC for a few days now. Oh well, I will get that fat burning soon.

Hypo’d at midnight, so came downstairs and had some peanut butter. Urgh! That’s all I had as I had ran out of glucotabs…note to self….must get some more glucosetabs?? Felt awful for the rest of the night. Soooooo tired.

Anyway, FBGL was 8.3, probably from the PB I downed at midnight! I always overshoot my hypo’s. So, corrected with my breakfast insulin and calibrated my pump. Had my usual coffee with cream this morning then I took my DD to school as she missed her bus due to sleeping in! Then, got home and made a banana cake for my DD as a treat. I usually lick out the bowl, but as I’m on a health kick with my LCHF, I took a rain check and resisted the temptation. Yay! Had 2 more coffees with cream, and remembered to bolus for the carbs/protein/fat in the cream, as well as 2 squares of Lindt 90% Dark Chocolate.

Dia-bully, you’ve not been too bad with me today. I have been quite active and was heading for another hypo after lunch, but had a couple of spoonfuls of double cream and that seemed to steer it away. Anyway, I had lunch at 2pm (14hr fast), which was 75g of roast beef that I cooked yesterday. Had some left over so just warmed it through and had that with a little mayo! DELISH!
Lunch... 5.6.19.jpg

Had an appointment this afternoon which was quite stressful, hence my BGL rising to 9.5mmol/L by dinnertime…6.15pm. Dinner was slow cooked Ox Tail. OMG! First time I’ve tried this and I LOVE IT! Will definitely be buying that again. DELISH! I could only manage to eat 55g. I wasn’t feeling particularly hungry, but I thought I should have my dinner as I am trying not to eat after 7pm and time was cracking on. Note to self…only eat when hungry!!! :rolleyes:
Dinner... 5.6.19.jpg

My macronutrients have been good too: Macronutrients...5.6.19.jpg

TDD for today: TDD...5.6.19.jpg

My pump says that I’ve had 8g of carbs today, but I’ve actually had 12g. The 4g difference relates to the double cream I had to treat my lunchtime lowish BGL. So, numbers add up again! Sorry, I’m a bit OCD with numbers. :banghead:

Overall, BGL’s have been ok-ish today. Currently (9pm) sitting with a BGL of 9.7mmol/L:

BGL Graph...5.6.19.jpg
SG Review...5.6.19.jpg

Anyway Dia-BULLY, I think that’s another point to moi! Or, let’s say 0.5pt each!

GEORDIE LASS…4.5/Dia-BULLY…0.5 :smug:
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook