1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

6.6.19... DAY SIX

Published by Geordie lass in the blog Geordie lass's blog. Views: 55

Dear Dia-BULLY,

You do amaze me sometimes! I feel so much healthier and happier when you behave yourself and allow my BGL’s to stay within normal limits. We seem to be getting on very well of late. I hope this can continue. We have had our ups and downs (no pun intended!), but I think we are becoming best friends. I’m happy with that. I just keep telling myself that we have to work together as a team because we cannot escape one another.

Anyway, my bedtime BGL at 11pm was 7.9mmol/L and my blood ketones were 1.2, finally getting into the fat burning state. I was very pleased with that result. I had an ok sleep and awoke at 6am, ready for a new day. CGM Sensor needed changing today, so did that first thing. Sorted!

FBGL was 9.8mmol/L. Meh! Corrected with morning insulin and calibrated pump with my BGL test. Had my first morning coffee with cream, then did some jobs around home and then took my Westie for a walk in the park. It’s been such a sunny day today. Got home and had another coffee with cream. Then, he had to go to the vets for his annual vaccine. Got to the vets and was turned away due to my poor pooch being on anti-biotics. So, a bit of a waste of time really. He’s booked in again in 3 weeks’ time. Got home from the vets and needed another coffee with cream. Scrumptious! :hungry:

Lunch was at 1pm (fasted 19 hours), which consisted of the remainder of my Ox Tail from last night’s dinner. Very nice! Had 67g with a little mayo on the side:
Lunch... 6.6.19.jpg

Did some more sorting out around the house this afternoon and took stuff to charity shop, then I had my first afternoon coffee at 2.30pm. Sorted my DD’s dinner after that, ready for when she got home from school. After that, I had another coffee with cream (5th of the day!! Oops!). Love my coffee too much.

Dinner was 95g slow cooked lamb shank, which I ate at 6.30pm as I wasn’t hungry before this time. Must be the cream in my coffees!! I also had Alpro plain unsweetened yoghurt with nuts and seeds mix after my lamb. So full now! Finished eating at 7.30pm, a little past my usual time of before 7pm. Oh well, a one off won’t kill me?? :wacky:
Dinner... 6.6.19.jpg Dinner Dessert... 6.6.19.jpg

My BGL’s have been steady again today, within normal limits:
BGL Graph...6.6.19.jpg SG Review...6.6.19.jpg

Currently sitting at a pretty 7mmol/L. Infusion set change tonight!

TDD for today: TDD...6.6.19.jpg

My macronutrients have been perfect for my LCHF lifestyle. I must be doing something right. I’ve had 9g of net carbs today. My pump says I’ve had 12g, so I’ve overestimated somehow. Oh dear, numbers are not adding up today!!! :banghead:
Macronutrients...6.6.19.jpg

So, looks like it’s another point to me, Dia-BULLY. :smug:

GEORDIE LASS…5.5/Dia-BULLY…0.5 WOOHOO!!!
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook