1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

7.6.19...DAY SEVEN

Published by Geordie lass in the blog Geordie lass's blog. Views: 26

Dear Dia-BULLY,

Yet another day of us living in harmony with one another. :) We really do seem to have a renewed relationship, me and you. I hope this commitment can last for years to come. We know how we both work and I know that we can be good to one another long term. I know what I need to do to keep you happy and stable, and you know what you need to do to keep me content and motivated. Let’s do this together Dia-BULLY.

Went to bed a little higher than expected, not sure why (11.8), but overnight my levels were ok and came down to 7.4 this morning. Needed a small correction and bolused for my morning coffees with cream. I’m getting the hang of my eating plan now!! ;)

My blood ketones at bedtime last night were sitting at 3.0! I was totally amazed. I know my fat is burning away now. I love being in nutritional ketosis!
Blood Ketones...7.6.19.jpg

Today has been another active day for me. First, I had to drive my DD to school for 7.30am as she has gone camping with the school as part of her Bronze D of E Award. She was really anxious about going, but at least it’s just for one night. She’s back home tomorrow evening. Mmmm, what shall I do with my time this evening, all alone in the house?! Ooh, movie night I think??? Just me, myself, oh and not forgetting Dia-bully of course!! And, my cute Westie, Charlie. :woot:

I did some gardening this morning for my mum, just a bit of tidying up really, but at least it kept my BGL’s stable. In fact, they’ve been pretty stable most of the day, which I am so pleased about.
BGL Review...7.6.19.jpg SG Review...7.6.19.jpg

My lunch consisted of 100g of left over lamb from last night’s dinner, with a little mayo on the side.
I ate at 1.30pm (that’s a fast of 18 hours), after eating later yesterday.
Lunch... 7.6.19.jpg

Afternoon was spent taking Charlie for a little walk, then catching up with “My Kitchen Rules Australia” (I love this programme!), in between this making myself 2x coffees with cream. I also made a cheesecake topping, made with cream cheese and double cream (yummy!) and only 1g of carbs per serving! Awesome! I made 8 servings.

I still have some lamb left over from last night’s dinner, so I finished this off for my dinner at 6pm. I plated up 110g, but could only manage to eat 70g. I am also going to have 1 serving of cheesecake topping too. It’s gotta be done, at 1g carb per serving…a total WINNER.
Dinner... 7.6.19.jpg Dinner Dessert... 7.6.19.jpg

My macronutrients have been spot on again today: Macronutrients...7.6.19.jpg

My TDD has been pretty awesome too: TDD...7.6.19.jpg

BGL’s currently sitting at 4.5mmol/L (8.30pm).

Tomorrow is weigh-in day, so I’m hoping that the scale numbers have gone down. I know I’m not doing this LCHF lifestyle to lose weight. It’s purely to have better diabetes management. But, I would also like to drop a few lbs in the meantime, just to keep the motivation going and allow me to continue to be healthy.

I think Geordie Lass has won today’s point. Or, is Dia-BULLY giving in too easily and letting me win every time??

GEORDIE LASS…6.5/Dia-BULLY…0.5

Attached Files:

You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook