1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

8.6.19... DAY EIGHT

Published by Geordie lass in the blog Geordie lass's blog. Views: 156

Dear Dia-BULLY,

It’s the weekend and a slight change to our routine. So, let’s continue to be kind to one another and not let the stresses of the day get to us.

My post arrived late today. I received some disappointing news, something that will determine my future. I’m sad now because it’s not the outcome I was hoping for. Let’s hope the stress of this news does not alter my BGL’s in a negative way over the weekend. :spitoutdummy:

My bedtime BGL’s last night were spot on at 4.8mmol/L…happy to see that number. My blood ketones were slightly down from the previous evening @ 1.2, but I’m ok with that as I’m still in nutritional ketosis. Long may this continue?

I awoke late (8.45am) with a FBGL of 5.6mmol/L. Weighed myself and I was pleasantly surprised to be 4lbs down from last Saturday. WOOHOO!! Did my morning finger prick, had my usual morning coffee with cream, bolused for this and calibrated my pump. I did not need any correction this morning. So pleased about that! :D

It’s raining here today. In fact, it’s been raining quite heavy overnight too. My DD is away camping until this evening, so I have the pleasure of feeding her rabbit this morning. Her rabbit is called Rolo and lives outside. Poor bunny, she will be soaking by the end of today! Anyway, I let her out in her little area, then, gave her breakfast of rabbit nuggets.

I watched a movie this morning, had another 2 x coffees with cream and did some jobs around the house. Wasn’t really hungry for lunch so didn’t eat until 1.45pm (approx. 19¼hr fast). I cooked chicken thigh portions in the oven and had 95g. Very tasty, but so full now. I was going to have Alpro Plain Unsweetened Yoghurt with nuts/seeds mix, but I was a little full after my chicken lunch. So, I left this until mid-afternoon (3.30pm) before having this little treat! Oh, also did a finger prick and calibrated my pump.
Lunch... 8.6.19.jpg Lunch dessert... 8.6.19.jpg

Following my little treat I had to pop out to run an errand, so I did that swiftly and got home by 4.30pm, just in time for a coffee with cream along with 2 squares of Lindt 90% Dark chocolate! I know that I didn’t really need this, but I had it anyway! Must remember, only eat when hungry???

I went to collect my DD from her camping trip at 6.30pm. I was so excited to see her. Dia-BULLY, you made my BGL’s rise when I collected my DD, spoiling my 100% target for normal BGL’s! Must’ve been that adrenaline rush when I saw her?!
SG Review...8.6.19.jpg

I’ve had beef steaks slow cooking all day today for my dinner this evening. Although, I feel as though I have overeaten today so I’m not really hungry at all. It must be the cream I have in my coffees that are satisfying my stomach!

Anyway, I managed my dinner at 7.30pm (little later than I really want to, but wasn’t hungry). I ate 70g slow cooked steak, followed by a small serving of homemade cheesecake topping (what I made yesterday). It’s so tasty, but I’m over full now! NOTE TO SELF…stop eating when almost full and not over full. Feel a little sick now! Silly me!
Dinner... 8.6.19.jpg Dinner Dessert... 7.6.19.jpg

Overall, my BGL’s have been almost stable today: BGL Review...8.6.19.jpg

BGL currently 7.1mmol/L (8.30pm)

My TDD has been pretty awesome too: TDD...8.6.19.jpg

I’m happy with my macronutrients, although I’ve had a bit more protein than I should have done really. Maybe the yoghurt with nuts/seeds mix was too much for me? I must just have 1 protein at each meal!!
Macronutrients...8.6.19.jpg

Next finger prick will be at bedtime, probably 11ish. I'll test my blood ketones too...will report tomorrow!

So, looks like it’s been another great diabetes management day for Geordie Lass. I think today’s point goes to me again! Well done Geordie Lass.

GEORDIE LASS…7.5/Dia-BULLY…0.5 :happy:
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook