1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

9.6.19... DAY NINE

Published by Geordie lass in the blog Geordie lass's blog. Views: 25

Dear Dia-BULLY,

It’s a beautiful sunny Sunday and I’m feeling happy with you. I could even say that I may one day call you my friend!! May even change your name from Dia-BULLY to Dia-BESTIE??? Let’s not get too over-enthusiastic, eh? You’ve been making me very happy over the past week and I want to keep it that way. But, I know we will have days when we fall out and get on each other’s nerves! Until such time, I’ll continue as we are…one day at a time?

Last night I went to bed on a respectable 6.8mmol/L, with blood ketones of 1.1, which I’m pleased about…good, steady numbers.

My FBGL was 5.1mmol/L, excellent start to a beautiful Sunday morning. Did my usual morning finger prick, calibrated my pump and gave myself insulin to cover my morning coffees (x3). No problem! Then, I had to go food shopping to get my cream for my coffees and a couple of other items.

Lunch was “on the go” today due to being out and about. I had my lunch at 1.30pm (18hr fast), which was 125g Alpro Plain Unsweetened yoghurt with nuts/seeds mix (10g each of pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts & macadamia nuts). My BGL’s were sitting at 6.3mmol/L prior to eating and stayed pretty much stable, rising to 6.4mmol/L 2 hours after lunch. I’m so happy with you Dia-BULLY for allowing my BGL’s to stay stable. I feel so good when that happens!
Lunch... 9.6.19.jpg

This afternoon I went over to my sister’s to see her new puppy. He’s a border terrier called Stan. He’s so cute!
Puppy STAN...9.6.19.jpg

I had my 2x coffees with creams at my sister’s, then got back home at 4.30pm Did my afternoon finger prick to calibrate my pump. BGL’s were 5.1mmol/L…result!!! I also sorted out my dog’s dinner; snuck in 2 squares of Lindt 90% dark chocolate before taking Charlie for a walk in the park, after feeding the hungry beast. That was at 6pm. Then, got back home from a lovely walk and made my DD something to eat, before cooking my own meal! Phew, busy times. I had 95g roast chicken thigh that I cooked yesterday. Ate at 7pm. Had another homemade cheesecake topping…yummy! I’m quite full now. No more food until after 1pm tomorrow.
Dinner... 9.6.19.jpg

My BGL’s have been excellent all day today, pretty much staying flat for the whole day. I’m happy with that, 100% in range. WOOHOO!
BGL Graph...9.6.19.jpg SG Review...9.6.19.jpg

My TDD for today has also been good, having 9g of net carbs.
TDD... 9.6.19.jpg

My macronutrients have been spot on again:
Macronutrients...9.6.19.jpg

Next finger prick & blood ketones test will be at bedtime! It looks like it’s been another great diabetes management day for Geordie Lass. Thank you Dia-BULLY for being kind to me again!

GEORDIE LASS…8.5/Dia-BULLY 0.5
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook