1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

A better day

Published by Resurgam in the blog Resurgam's blog. Views: 251

Woke with some forebodings, but after drinking water I ate a few walnuts rather than some grapes like yesterday. That did seem to help, and the dizziness receded.
I ate eggs tomato and green salad with olive oil and vinegar dressing for lunch, and an hour or so later began to feel fairly normal.
Hopefully I will get into ketosis soon.
These last few days I have not lost any weight at all, presumably I have depleted what stores of glycogen I had and any other easily accessible energy stocks, and now I can't start burning fat until my broken metabolism begins to accept that there is dire necessity for it to alter its attitude as to which fuel it is going to use.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook