1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

A new year coming

Published by Resurgam in the blog Resurgam's blog. Views: 279

I feel more myself now - stopping taking my medication has been rather a good idea - I thought I was OK but before Christmas I went shopping and lost the car in the supermarket car park then, after walking up and down the rows until I spotted it I opened the back and found that I'd already done the bulk of the shopping and forgotten to take it into the house, so some of it had spoilt.
I took myself home and unpacked it all so my fridges were full - I have two, one kept at a lower temperature than the other.
I still can't remember the answer to one of my security questions, but hopefully it will come back to me - but I am rather concerned that I could suddenly find myself in that situation. I had forgotten to take all my tablets for two days, which is probably why I am still functioning now - but I do normally watch myself for signs of loosing the plot.
I had been trying to learn a new song, stopping the medication allowed me to sing the song at the folk club so I hope no permanent damage has been done.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook