1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

A safe car journey

Published by Gary61 in the blog Gary61's blog. Views: 334

I have now reached a happy medium with my veganish diet. I now stay on it for usually 4 days and then eat basically what I like on the other 3 days of the week. I have found this compromise more achievable to make and am enjoying the contrasting differences I am experiencing.
I had my 5yr old grandson stay with me over the weekend. You forget just how busy they can be and also very wearing :). My wife and I took him for a Santa experience in Pembrey Park which is not too far away from me. We first started by having a cooked breakfast with Santa in the new restaurant that has been built there and then went to help the elves gather presents before listening to an elf story. After that we visited Mrs. Clause's kitchen where he decorated some gingerbread Xmas trees and finally visited Santa in his grotto. it was a really good day and a lovely experience. My grandson was over the moon with it all.
The following day I took him back to my sons house in Fareham which is a 3hr non stop drive. Driving with this new pump is so much easier now and made my journey a far more comfortable experience than a drive that long would have been before I used a pump. So I guess that's another good plus point for using this type of pump.
Having said that, I still have some moments that I struggle a little with finding a happy medium, but when I reflect back, find that it is usually my own fault for causing it, usually down to me being a little impatient with the speed of control and so trying to rectify the situation when there was no need to in the beginning. Oh for a little more patience and self control. One day I'll learn I hope lol.
I'm off to London on the weekend coming to join my son and family for a Xmas weekend. No doubt I'll be pushing the boat out, so ther will be another big challenge for my pump. I am definitely going to make it work hard :).
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook