1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Accuchek Performa Nano Battery draining too fast

Published by MummyX3 in the blog MummyX3's blog. Views: 126

Hi, just wanted to post some info on how to reset your meter if the battery is draining to quickly. My son has had this problem with his Accu-check Aviva Nano meter and now again with the newer Performa Nano meter. I'm told that the battery hasn't drained it just thinks it has and a rest is required. It is hard to find info on this online without phoning accu-check so I will post the reset instruction here in the hope it helps.
Step 1 Remove the batteries
Step 2 Remove the code chip on the right hand side
Step 3 Press both arrow keys and hold for 10 seconds
Step 4 Press the power button for 10 seconds
Step 5 Put the batteries back in and press the power button once.
You should now see the set-up screen set the time, date and year.
and press the power button once.
Step 6 you should now see a row of three lines, Press the power button once.
Step 7 Put the code chip back in, press the power button , you should now see a flashing test strip.
The monitor should now be reset.

Hope this is of help.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook