1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Because I don't Do Sports and the Thought of Joining a Gym Fills Me with Dread!

Published by LindsayJane in the blog LindsayJane's blog. Views: 158

I'm going to get exercise in the garden - well, the alottment to be precise. I live in a flat and don't have my own garden. Up until November 2013, I lived in rural France, had a huge garden and ate home grown vegetables, home reared chicken and eggs and bought milk direct from the farm next door. I miss that life. The alottment won't replace everything I lost in coming 'home' to the UK, but it will help a bit.

This blog is going to be a diary of alottment events. I hope some of you might find it interesting.

27th March 2018: 1st trip this season spent clearing weeds and taking stock a bit. I was really surprised, having lost a bit of weight, how much easier the heavy work was. Still a load to do though. I might post some photos for those interested (if I can work out how - I'm not brilliant with technology!)

28th March 2018: Quick visit to the garden centre and bought some seeds: Brussels sprouts, salad leaves (the cut and come again type) and purple srouting broccoli. Also some replacement strawberry plants as we lost some last year. I need to change the way I plant now to cater for my new low carb regime - no spuds, which is a shame because digging spuds is one of my favourite garden jobs!
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook