1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Being educated about diabetes today.

Published by Resurgam in the blog Resurgam's blog. Views: 305

There is a series of educational events which diabetics are supposed to attend, so off I went this afternoon for the first one - oh dear oh dear - I am in dire danger of heart disease or bowel cancer eating low carb.
The eat well plate was carefully described and the things we diabetics should be doing were explained.
They did try to be a bit scientific, but most of it was inaccurate.

We - there were two of us, were handed test strips and a record sheet to test our urine for glucose. I had a go when I got back and got a negative, so that seems OK. I might save the remaining glucose meter test strips for the day I go to see the doctor again - just for my own amusement.
I seem to be getting readings under 7 mmol/l now, so it isn't really worth using up test strips to check what is going on.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook