1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Carb Battle

Published by Dadio in the blog Dadio's blog. Views: 658

I retured from Saudi in July during which time I had previously checked my bloods and exercised daily checking my carb intake ensuring that I stuck to less than 1600 calories.
After three months my sugars were good and by taking Creatine 1000mg before and after training I managed to reduce my medication to just two metformin.
My HBa1c had gone from 86 to 53 everything was good.

Then it was time to go on holiday for three weeks to Disney and all my hard work went out the window. Sweets, High Carb foods, drink etc, I couldn't get enough. Obviously on my return it was time to reign myself in and get back to it.
My sugars were 12/14 in the morning and god knows during the day, I started to train again cardio 1hr and some weights, but the choclate cravings were taking over so much so I started to sneak bars whilst in the kitchen and hidding the wrappers.
This morning but I have decided to start this blog to help me try STOP the choclate and lower the carbs.
I'm 48 5foot 9 and 13 stone 7.
this morning my bloods were 6.2? Unbelievable.....
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook