1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Check in time

Published by pinkfoot in the blog pinkfoot's blog. Views: 93

It’s been a few weeks since I last updated my blog, work, life and installing a 40 foot mast at home for my amateur radio interests have all got in the way.

I’m now finding my change of diet like a natural progression to me. It’s no longer a struggle to keep away from carbs - even though just eight weeks ago my whole diet was based on them. We go out now and again for a meal out and the ‘no potato/pasta/rice, please’ does produce some confused looks from staff!

Probably the biggest change has been cutting down massively on chocolate and alcohol. If I have a drink now it’s whisky, but for two days after my body gives me the biggest telling-off for this and I’m not enjoying that. Being a lifelong (and sometimes binge) drinker it has had huge effects on my sleep and mental health - for the better.

So I’m at 51 mmol/mol now and hoping to keep that downward spiral going along with the weight loss. I’m 84.9 kilos, that’s 5.1 kilo lost in seven weeks and I haven’t really tried. My target is sub 78 Kilo.

What advice would I offer to someone else looking to try the low carb approach? In the words of Nike, Just Do It.
coby likes this.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook