1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Coconut Oil

Published by Spirit01 in the blog Spirit01's blog. Views: 406

I follow a LCHF way of life (lose the word diet) but do have an ocassional treat but they are becoming less and less. Anyway, my blog is about coconut oil, some people love it, some people loathe it. I love it. I always try to start my day with a nice glass of water & then my next drink is a black coffee with a large spoon of coconut oil in it which I blitz with a blender & it makes delicious coffee. It certainly staves off any hunger pangs. My reason for writing this is for another use for this wonder oil. I have tried several different creams to rub into my poor old T2 feet which will normally make my feet burn a little bit in the night and itch constantly. Having read a lot about coconut oil I tried it on my feet and it has done an amazing job on them. I let a jar of this melt and have now added Lavendar oil to it. It certainly makes for a peaceful night. I have several brittle toenails and have tried several treatments all of which failed, I tried Listerene, and Vick which had a small effect but nothing to write on here about. I tried my coconut mixture and within two weeks I'm starting to see remarkable improvements. Just thought it would be good to share this idea and give back to these great forums that I've gained so much from.
briped likes this.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook