1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diabetic or not

Published by AngelaW5368 in the blog AngelaW5368's blog. Views: 945

I was told 9 days ago i was T2 diabetic, told to take 500mg Metformin, I asked the GP for something different, due to a very sensitive stomach, he refused. After 3days of taking the mets I was throwing up, feeling sick and had very bad diarrehea. I stopped taking for 2days, over the wknd. By Sunday night my head was pounding, I kept eating small amout every few hours during the night I could not get rid of it. Monday morning still suffering I got a GP app. To see a different gp. At this app. He told my I wasn't diabetic, I didn't need any medication and to stop testing my bg, and to go on a diet and lose weight, I was far to fat. I left still with a banging headache, really upset and confused.
When I got home I took a metformin and with 30-45 minutes my headache was gone. The GP who said I was diabetic, was in surgery on Thursday so I made an app to go see him.
I went to see him Thursday 7 july, explained how the metformin had affected me and asked for a different tablet. HE REFUSED to give me anything, said he agreed with the other GP, I was only just borderline, my last 3 blood tests kept going up now i was at the limit, if my next test is up i will have crossed the borderline and definately diabetic but till the go on a diet lose weight. This same GP told me at the beginning of june my vitamin D was critically low and i was given 20,000ug to take. These didnt agree with me, so i mentioned this to GP, he then said to me." You are a grown woman, you dont need vitamin D". This was the last straw, i suffer from high blood pressure and angina and because of my weight problem, im told, i am at very high risk of heart attack or stroke.
So I leave the GP, with no diabetic meds nor vit D meds, I can not exercise due to disabilty problems, i watch everything i eat and count the carbs/sugar on every packet before i touch it. WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP MYSELF, before I end up in a wooden box. PLEASE HELP
Enclave likes this.
  • Enclave
  • AtkinsMo
  • Freema
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook