1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Dream job part two!

Published by Lamont D in the blog Lamont D's blog. Views: 353

Well nearly a week into my new job, I may have been over the top on how I felt about doing my 'dream' job.
I can only say that it is a good thing that I haven't ate many carbs as my blood levels would have been bouncing off the walls, just like a rubber ball. I'm still learning things that I thought I knew, but my eyes have been opened on how to do the things that need doing.
So far, I haven't cocked up (praying) that I know of! The people that I'm working with have been patient teaching an old dog, new tricks. The lads have been really great, and welcomed me and so far I'm enjoying it, the work is steady and trying to remember machine settings, temps and how long to set the machines, I've got to learn pressing with a machine and hopefully I won't press's my thumbs instead!
Finding and working out somebody else's system and where everything goes, is another worry, but the senior staff seem ok so far!
The biggest test is packing the bags for the weekend and not forgetting something small but necessary they might or really need. Imagine going on holiday every weekend and you need to pack for the entire family and neighbours! There is an awful lot of stuff that's required. And I have to learn it all.
A checklist is necessary and already have been told stories of stuff being left behind either at work or in hotels etc.
Now that I've started and its fairly an odd time to start doing this job because I believe it would have been better to start in the summer so that I could lead up to the season, and have a fair idea, that things wouldn't be a rush to find things out.
Well, never mind, hey, I wanted this post and I'm going to be as unrelenting in trying to do my best, as I've done with my health.
Maybe, there could be blogs to read of my travels and experiences of my 'dream job'

I know now how to fold clothes professionally!!!
Enclave likes this.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook