1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Dream job!!!

Published by Lamont D in the blog Lamont D's blog. Views: 306

Well, I may be jumping the gun but there is a slim chance that I could be involved in what I would term, one of my dream jobs. I might not, but something that has been on my list of things I wish I could do, if allowed, could and I hope I do, have that chance.
It is in football and there is small chance it could be in football with a club that can't be named as yet.
It has come about because a friend of a friend, is to give me the chance of an interview, to work within football, at a higher than just groundstaff, that I'm doing now, not that I do want to lose my current job. But how could I not want to do what I've wished for forever?
My explanation is convoluted and I'm not expressing myself properly as I am that excited about it.
The best thing about the job, is instead of being on the periphery of sport, I would be involved in interactive duties within the team framework.
It is not physical but a job I could keep doing for the years I would be able to if I can keep fit and well, another reason and a challenge to do what I have been successfully for the past couple of years. Who would have thought that I would be in a position to even do this sort of involvement in sport? When five years ago, I was getting bigger and my health was in decline and my mental stability was questionable. I certainly hoped to, but not in reality.
Just to be able to go out and work was a blessing, then! Now I'm back to good health, why shouldn't I improve my life as well as my lifestyle!
That dream may yet come true!
Here's hoping!
Enclave likes this.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook