1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

dreams eh! blog no 25

Published by Lamont D in the blog Lamont D's blog. Views: 469

I had to post this blog because it was one of my vivid dreams that I had last night! Full colour, vivid descriptive, with talking, narrative and really weird!

It all started as I was having my lunch in work, and as usual eating my one allowed piece of bread with ham salad, not forgetting the tomato! The boss asked me to get his chips for him.
Being a really obliging fellow, of course I said,
Can you get them from MacDonald's?
So I jumped on the train, ( nearest is two miles away!) And journeyed to the shop in a town that I knew that the place I was looking for was around the corner. I didn't recognise or know then where I was!
I walked past shop after shop until I came to the place where it should have been. But wasn't!
I stopped someone passing, I asked directions and the person of whom I had asked turned and it was my old friend, who had been not with us these past fourteen years. I wasn't surprised that he offered to take me. So we walked on and we went across a huge set of roundabouts with traffic lights and cars waiting, he lead me across and I had to dodge all types of vehicles big and small while he laughed at my actions of dancing around the traffic.
He pointed across a field that had a line of young teenagers dressed in helmets, carrying hockey like sticks and kit designed to play hurling(?) They were jeering me!
I asked my long lost friend where to get the chips, he told me to go back and tell him Dublin don't want Englishmen buying all their potatoes and chips!
My ship was waiting for me across the field but I had to play a game with the children first!
So grabbing a stick I walked faster and faster till I reached the sea but no ship.
Then I looked again and a ferry boat arrived and I climbed aboard and sat down.

I woke up!

I was panicking because I still didn't have the fries!
  • timerich
  • Lamont D
  • Squire Fulwood
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook