1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Finally starting to exercise.

Published by Gary61 in the blog Gary61's blog. Views: 223

After almost 2.5 years of hardly doing any gym exercise due to a torn rotator cuff and a torn ligament in my foot I was finally ready to start back in the gym. I had put on approx. 2 stone so hopefully this will be the start to losing some of that excess weight. I started back 8days ago and couldn't believe how hard it felt but also how much I missed it. I used to train 4 to 6 times a week so I think I'll start slowly and hopefully work up to a decent level again.
I thought I would show you all how well my new pump worked in Automatic for my 30minute run and then weights for an hour. The control has been far better than with previous types of control where I always seemed to be taking on board carbs to compensate for low blood sugars. All I seemed to need was 2 glucose sweets at the end of my run only to feel safe rather than sorry.
I am really looking forward to getting back into some sort of reasonable shape and this transition will definitely be easier using my new pump.

Attached Files:

• ZESTRIL
  • nomoredonuts
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook