1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

For the want of sleep.

Published by Guzzler in the blog Guzzler's blog. Views: 693

It looks like I have failed in my efforts to lower my dose of Amitriptyline. My sleep, or the lack of it has impacted my blood glucose levels and is now making me feel ill. I have actually broken one record, though. My previous record for sleep deprivation had been -2hours in 19hours.
I have smashed this with 3hours of sleep in 28hours. This leaves me no option but to raise my dosage slowly back to that prescribed.
I cannot function on this level of sleep for any longer as, for example, my eldest and his family visited yesterday unannounced and it took all my energy reserves and not a little will power to keep up with all the news and chit chat that went on whilst every fibre of my body was screaming for sleep.
It has become clear that in my effort to cut back on my drug intake I might well risk the loving relationship with my family. It's a no brainier for me, family comes first.
As an aside, one of my grandchildren is becoming more obese and I am worried. I am trying to formulate a plan to bring this up with her parents in as diplomatic a way as possible. I did mention yesterday that there might be a genetic predisposition to T2 so I hope that has planted a seed, fingers crossed. But in my heart I know I will have to tackle this head on.
Lamont D and Ixarix like this.
  • CherryAA
  • Ixarix
  • Guzzler
  • nomoredonuts
  • Guzzler
  • Guzzler
  • nomoredonuts
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook