Today is my first day using the FreeStyle Libre so I was hoping to share my first thoughts and get some views from other users. So far I have noted the following:
- The sensor was really easy to apply and didn't hurt at all.
- I fully expected to be able to 'feel it' on my arm but this is absolutely not the case. I also can't see it as it is on the back of my arm. It is small and unobtrusive, not bulky.
- The reader was easy to set up and use.
- Such a relief from constant finger pricks, just a quick scan that works even through clothes.
So what do other people think? I am looking forward to using it and hoping that it will become available on the NHS at some point.
- Expensive. I have ordered 2 x 14 day sensors that cost £57.95 each.
- Obviously it does not notify you for lows/highs, you have to scan the sensor with the reader to obtain results.
- There is a 10-15 delay in readings due to the sensor continuously measuring glucose in the interstitial fluid which is the intracellular fluid that surrounds the cells rather than the whole blood. This also means you still have to finger prick before driving.
- LibreLink app doesn't work with my Google Pixel phone!
You need to be logged in to comment