1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Friday 26/7

Published by foxglove in the blog foxglove's blog. Views: 203

Yesterday I had a message from one of my granddaughters who told me in no uncertain terms what she thought of me which covered nearly a whole page and without pulling any punches either. Needless to say I was extremely upset especially as she had misinterpreted what I wrote in the first place which was that I was feeling really down .. and that was because my grandson's cremation was that day! The reams of abuse went on and on about how I am a self-centered grumpy old person who never thinks about anyone but myself .. and so on and so on!
Today I find that my other granddaughter has also posted similarly and added that my near death experience should have made me think about how horrible I am and do something about it before it is too late!

This morning I have decided not to respond to the posts on Facebook but leave it for another time when hopefully things will settle a bit .. whatever I say is likely to be taken the wrong way methinks .. and the fact that I have told my family in the past that I regret the things that happened years ago is likely to fall on rather deaf ears anyway.
Went to help the preparations for the fete tomorrow but there was nothing to be done!
Had a nice chat with Joan and then a cup of tea and an egg mayonnaise sandwich and then went to the hairdresser to get my hair washed and blow dried.. and soon I will be going to bed ..that is after I have done a bit of tidying up.
I bought a new dress which turned out to be a little bit short.. bought a second one which is somewhat longer to find it's too long! [​IMG]
Looking forward to tomorrows fete and my niece coming too.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook