1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Frustrated with episodes of denial. Basically whining.

Published by Kailee56 in the blog Kailee56's blog. Views: 396

Where am I at the moment?
Well, I am still imperfect with Keto. I seem to do great for a while and then go totally off the track. Stress at work is my trigger. I need to find something I can keep in my pocket to munch when the stress hits. Currently I am having better success by keeping homemade baby Keto Bricks in my pocket. Here’s the recipe site for anyone interested, https://livbreatheketo.com/perfect-macro-bombs/. I am hopeful.

I have also noticed some progression with my LADA. It takes fewer carbs to see a greater rise in my glucose. It also takes more fasting to bring the levels down. That should be enough incentive to stay more strictly Keto. It’s just that darn denial,or selective amnesia, that kicks in at work. Looking at the pizza and cookies! A few weeks ago I just ate the topping off 2 pieces of pizza at work. Yes, my glucose definitely showed it. Frustrating since a few months ago I ordered a pizza, ate just the toppings off the entire pizza, and my glucose was steady.

I also noticed that when the Spike app changed how to access it, which I have still not been able to figure out because I don’t know my password, I became lazy. Kind of the, if I don’t see it it didn’t happen, attitude. I REALLY need to spend a few days trying to get that app back. Having a continuous accurate reading on my watch really helped. The Libre is still inconsistent (+40 to-10) compared to the actual blood glucose. Spike let me calibrate my readings. I wish Libra would do that. It also let me see numbers between swipes. Not to mention the time between sensors. So frustrating. Libra is what I can afford, but it is not perfect.

So much for now. A bit of whining, as I said. Bummer.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook