1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Glad I forced myself

Published by LindsayJane in the blog LindsayJane's blog. Views: 245

Been at work all day and it was a very busy service. I didn't really want to go to the allotment this evening but the watering needed doing or my runner bean plants would perish! I drove down rather than walked; I don't think my legs would have carried me up to hill on the way home!

The runner beans are fine and I'm glad I went because they were thirsty. I put some netting over the raised beds to protect cabbages from pigeons (I'm sure they sit in the trees watching and waiting for me to leave), turned over one of the recently dug beds to expose some annual weed roots, made several trips to and from the stream fetching cans of water and then sat in the shade of the shed just listening to the birds. They are SO noisy! I have one more day before the end of the Easter holidays and uni starts again and I think I'll spend it defining the next border. Maybe I'll plant some bulbs.
57485282_10218361234918692_1968860321846132736_n.jpg
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook