1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

grapes - far too many

Published by Resurgam in the blog Resurgam's blog. Views: 304

I bought a couple of boxes of grapes when out shopping, the large ones with seeds as sold in Lidl - and I did really well with the first one, eating only a few each day. This is done by taking a few out of the box and then putting it back in the fridge. A simple ploy but it works. Then I was unable to get to the fridge as my husband was getting himself some milk for his coffee - so I carried the box to my desk, and then I ate them.
Other people have admired my self control with foods I simply do not eat, but that requires no effort at all. I do not eat biscuits, chips or cake, so I do not eat them even if I see them, and things such as green salad - fine, a single tomato - I take the smallest one from the net - but those things I do eat but should restrict, grapes and melon, I have to put them out of sight or I just keep on having a few, or another little slice, and I can't do that these days.

At least my waist has continued to shrink and soften - my abdomen was totally rigid a few months ago, and I had an equator rather than a waist. Now I need to make myself a whole new set of clothes which compress my waist to stay in place - otherwise the waistline slides down rather alarmingly, or are held up in some other way - dresses rather than skirts, or some sort of top to secure them from the effects of gravity.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook