1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Happy New year (2016) blog no. 41.

Published by Lamont D in the blog Lamont D's blog. Views: 286

So that's my sixtieth year over!
Where has it all gone?
Well, like most people, they know but it has gone so fast, that it's really difficult to remember everything and unfortunately, forgetfulness is part of growing old.
Sometimes you're convinced that you have Alzheimer's and then you remember you haven't!
Sometimes you remember to forget or you forget to remember!
Sometimes you select what you remember, about things you shouldn't forget!
Most of the time you want to forget what you don't want to remember!
But at times, you can't forget, what you didn't want to remember!
I believe that is what bringing the New year is all about. Remembering what has gone past, but hopeful that the New year will bring life and health, wealth and stealth for your next part of your life!
Hopefully the year will be good to you!
But sometimes it is not! And you can't change it!
That's fate, karma, life in a nutshell, things happen that you have no control over!
I want to wish everyone a happy New year, but I now realise, that happiness is in short supply and you have to make the most of what you have and hope and strive for the future.
I will finish by a short message, maybe you have heard or read a version of the same theme!
I think it's appropriate, at this time of the year!

If you live in the past,
You will miss the present,
And won't see the future coming!

Happy New Year
JuliaAR and Enclave like this.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook