1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Having a pretty lousy time!

Published by timerich in the blog timerich's blog. Views: 654

Without going into too much detail, my husband has been suffering from cellulitis and gout, the acid from the cellulitis has created ulcers. Despite 5 courses of antibiotics and gout medicine the situation has worsened and he's now in hospital, the less said about the treatment he's received so far the better! Although I was told by the nurse that it's people like me that make her wonder why she comes into work. Oops, perhaps I shouldn't have asked about how he fell when they are supposed to be wheeling him to the toilet, or maybe it was because I pointed out to her that his meds were on a table out of his reach, when she said she hadn't wanted to wake him at 1.30pm (this was now 2pm) because he hadn't slept well, I did point out to her that he was wide awake and talking to me on my mobile at that time. Also pointed out there was a slight problem for him if he could have reached his meds as he had no water, to which another nurse said I was just nit picking! There was a lot of other things, they called the charge nurse and I'm now down on an inccident sheet!! :rolleyes: Still haven't seen the paperwork re his fall which I consider a more serious inccident, but quite frankly they'll cover each other.:mad: The sooner we can get him home the better. They're going to love me tomorrow as I'm going in in the morning so I can be there for the ward round!! But despite everything HIS SUGARS ARE STABLE between 5-7 slight rise to 7.9 when they forgot to give him his insulin!! Quite honestly ...I wonder why they come to work??!!:(
  • Enclave
  • timerich
  • ladybird64
  • Enclave
  • berylc
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook