1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

HBA1C.....7 months on

Published by plutoniumcard in the blog plutoniumcard's blog. Views: 796

So May 2016 I was diagnosed with type 2. My HBA1C was around 110mmol/mol. The good news today was that I have made some solid progress in getting this down. I have only just been phoned by the diabetic nurse at my surgery, asking if I had any interim blood work done. By a stroke of luck I had an HBA1C done mid January 2017 in preparation of major surgery, and eventually the nurse was able to access this.

Waiting in nervous anticipation of the telling off I might get........

Drum roll..........................

Wow, Tony..... you have been putting in some hard work by the look of the result......

Yes....tell me then.....

"50mmol/mol"

All I can say is I am chuffed to pieces. I can attribute a lot to wearing my "fitbit", which has motivated me to walk. Averaging 7 miles per day. Also thanks go to my Lurcher (Dog), who never fails to drag me out for a walk come rain or shine.

I have lost 2 1/2 stone and my waist size has gone from a 40inches to 34 inches. Chuffed to pieces!

Still work to be done, but I have not felt so energised for many a year :)
masonap likes this.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook