1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

hba1c levels and diet

Published by Dawnlee24 in the blog Dawnlee24's blog. Views: 402

i have been type 2 for about 4 years im on statins for cholesterol which is at okay level - tablets for underactive thyroid. No tablets for diabetes or checking sugar levels. Just had first blood test for 2 yrs. mmol from 41 up to 44. Is bad or good? I had a random test a few weeks ago and it was 9.1 plasma glucose and that was lower than it was 4 years previous. I am not sure how all these figures work, can anyone let me know? I decided after previous blood test recently that I had seriously better change my diet attitudes as overweight anyway. I am using the Carb and Cals App on my phone and working on 1250 cals a day. Hopefully this will make some sort of improvement as a start as I had been really bad recently eating fish and chips every friday and meat pies once a week and too many cakes. Im doing this before the doctor even asks me. Will this help me reduce my mmo1?
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook