1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Hello everyone

Published by clairebear63 in the blog clairebear63's blog. Views: 531

Hi there
My name is Claire and I am 54 years of age :I am a nurse and have been in nursing since 1981 !
I have two grown up children and 2 grandchildren,Zoe aged 4 and Freddie aged 13 weeks, Im married to Dave and we are celebrating our 13th anniversary in January.
I was diagnosed Diabetic 2 weeks ago and today I have my first appointment with the Diabetic nurse at our surgery this afternoon ...... and Diabetic education class next week !
I have a heart condition and take medications for life now which is fine.
I have recently had surgery on my knee and i was horrified to know i weighed 98kg and I'm only 5ft 4inches tall...im chunky !

I am being very careful with my diet now and cutting out all sugars and starting to feel a bit better already,I am hopefully going to be diet controlled will find out more this afternoon.

My hobbies are cross stitch and indoor rink bowls at our Club in Tamworth.
I also enjoy the theatre and music concerts ; we have three shetland sheepdogs called Cody,Bailey and Feather and we love taking them to our caravan in North Devon as they love the sea and sand and spend hours on the beach :)
  • nomoredonuts
  • clairebear63
  • caroline_92
  • clairebear63
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook