1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

How could I have forgotten that for so long?

Published by Resurgam in the blog Resurgam's blog. Views: 438

Last weekend was the knitting machine exhibition - delayed from March, to which I was invited.
It was not until I went to the stand where all the monthly magazines were laid out that I realized that I had not been getting them recently, and when I checked at home later on, I realized that 'recently' was from the time I was diagnosed, back in November 2016.
I have arranged for all the back issues to be posted to me, if available, and also for a subscription - but as machine knitting is my profession, and interest too I am a bit dismayed to think that I never noticed that I was no longer supporting the last remaining magazine in the UK.
I can only put it down to the effects of the Metformin and Atorvastatin I took for a few weeks up to Christmas 2016 - but it was quite a shock to think that it is almost 2 years, and it never occurred to me that I was no longer getting a magazine I have been reading for decades.
Freema likes this.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook