1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.....

Published by thefoos in the blog thefoos's blog. Views: 545

So,

I am finding this quite hard to grasp, mainly because my lack of knowledge but also because I'm not taking it seriously enough, and I know I'm not. It's not to say that I don't think Diabetes is serious, I know it is, but I can't seem to pull myself together. I had Gestational Diabetes in 2012 through my 1st pregnancy, and it went away after I had my son. I had it again in 2015 with my 2nd pregnancy, and initially it went away but I was diagnosed with Type 2 in March this year, and I am gutted. Instead of taking this news and giving myself a good kick up the bum, I've instead turned to food.

I really, really want to do better. I have 2 small children, and I need to set a better example.

I would love to hear from anyone who's been in a similar circumstance, I do need help and educating about Diabetes. I have, of course, seen my nurse but I feel she just patronises me and I can't listen to her.

C x
  • thefoos
  • nomoredonuts
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook