1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Icy Life Insulin

Published by Rakhi_gohil in the blog Rakhi_gohil's blog. Views: 428

Hi, my name's Rakhee. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when I was 6 years old. I am now 22 years old and trying to remember to test my blood sugar around 5 times a day hasn't been an easy task for me, as well as calculating carbs while throwing shots into the mix of everything.

I have been on numerous types of insulin from Humulin M3, Insulatard, Actrapid to Levemir and Novorapid. I have to admit it hasn't been an easy ride for me as I have never really come to terms and accepted that this is my life and I will be living with it forever! I've always felt alone and couldn't really turn and talk to anyone as they would never know how I felt since they are not living with Type 1 Diabetes.

However, until recently after completing the DAFNE course, I did some of my own research into forums and blogs to find that I am not the only one living with Type 1 Diabetes.

Diabetes taught me how to be independent,stay strong, and to stay positive even in the darkest moments.

Years of crying, yelling, exercise and change, I’ve come to accept that this could be an invitation to one of the brightest and most meaningful chapters of my life.

We can’t live our lives in regret and dwelling on the past. We can’t be paralyzed by the fear of what may never come. So, I keep on striving to look forward with hope. There’s a lot to be thankful for and I continue to stay positive .
  • jonesB634
  • Rakhi_gohil
  • jonesB634
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook