1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Idea of opening a diabetic friendly restaurant in India

Published by anujindia1 in the blog anujindia1's blog. Views: 429

Hello Everybody,

My name is Anuj and I'm from Delhi, India. I'm 44 years old and having diabetes type-2 condition for last 4.5 years now.

I just wanted to take your opinion on a business idea which crossed my mind which will make diabetic's life in India very easy as far as food related problems are concerned.

The idea goes like this -

As we all know that population of people having diabetic/pre-diabetic condition in India is growing at an alarming rate. in the city like Delhi (and surrounding areas) where the total population is a round 50 million, the number of diabetics have already crossed 20 million and according to a research, it will cross 35 million mark in another 10 year's time. Now, as we all know that healthy food is an important part in controlling one's diabetes but not accessible to the office goers because of the following reasons
1. Lack of awareness about healthy food
2. healthy Ingredients not available easily
3. If other members of the family are not diabetic, it's difficult to prepare two kind of food for the people in a family
4. It's a perception that healthy foo can't be cooked in a tasty way

If there is a clean kitchen which can prepare diabetic friendly food (using the healthy ingredients and controlling the portion size etc) and can deliver the food in the places like Offices/hospitals etc, it can make a difference in the lives of the people like us.

Please let me know your views and suggestions on this business idea.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook