1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

I'm confused

Published by Traczy_Bear in the blog Traczy_Bear's blog. Views: 555

I was always told that exercise lowers my blood sugars, but this is very confusing for me. When I go walking this always raises my blood sugars and so does ironing - why? Other housework and exercise will lower my sugar levels and I have to take appropriate action, but this all worries me for if I do something new I don't know which action to take until I see what happens. Having been diabetic (Type 1) for nearly 40yrs, I have found things go round in circles i.e this is good for you and that is bad but then a little while later the opposite is true especially with advice from dieticians and I get so frustrated that these days I tend to do what I feel is right and see how my body reacts.
Being diabetic is never clear cut and simple and I admit I do hate having to think about things all the time especially when I go out and the things I have to carry and take with me. People think that its only a case of avoiding sugar and doing injections - how wrong are they!!!! How I wish more people without diabetes were better informed and had a basic understanding of what life is like as a diabetic. Maybe things like this could be introduced into the school curriculum?
  • SockFiddler
  • luv2spin
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook